1) I found an image of canal-working horse on the internet and copied it over to Photoshop.
2) I cut out the horse, and flipped it horizontally
3) I then performed a similar task with an image of a canal-working man from an early 20th century photograph.
4) Before I could drop the horse and man into the main image I had to remove the two men who are i the original photograph.
5) The Clone Stamp tool was used to remove the two men.
6) The man and horse are dropped into the main image
7) The man is isolated from his original background using the pen tool, selection then delete.
8) I added some tone to the man and horse using dodge and burn tools. Also, shadow is added to the ground using the burn tool. I also added some to the man and horse to make the lighting consistent with the original image
9) I then ‘Victorianised’ the image using the tips in the tutorial referred to in my previous post, and bleached the edges of the image using the brush tool.