I copied an app-style graphic of a filing cabinet from the internet to use on my prototype page (this is just for testing layout purposes – I plan to create my own graphic for the final page at a later stage):
I amended the graphic to allow it display the category names, then created an individual graphic for each of the categories ,and added these to the UL list on the sidebar.
I then started to add styling to the various elements of the page:
With the framework coming together nicely, I now need to:
- add the content elements (containers for sample pages for home page, and actual articles for the pages of content)
- design and develop graphics for sidebar
- Header: create logo
- Header: add country selectors
- Header: Add search box
- Footer: better organisation of sections
- consider adding some Victorian imagery / references
- add background image to body?