REDSTAR PROJECT – CREATING A JAR OF PICAILLI

To create an image of a jar that appears to contain picalilli, I took an image of actual jarred picalilli (1) then cropped to show actual content only (2).  Using copy and paste I created a large area of picalilli (3) then used the spot healing tool to blur the joins (4).  I then duplicated this layer over to the main jar template (5) and created a selection around the jar (using magic wand on an existing jar shaped overlay, then inverting) and used this to crop the picalilli image to the exact shape of the jar (6).  The content was now too orange owing to the original chutney content, so I added a yellow overlay (7).

Image

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s